Whether by auto, plane or bicycle, the Android user of today can remain connected to the Internet, email and text messaging. Here are my five favorite accessories.
- AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output (Black) http://amzn.to/zb3Tqb – What makes this an ideal accessory is its small size, dual ports and the feature of using your existing micro USB cables. I carry this to use on rental cars and is extremely dependable.
- iGo PS00273-0001 Charge Anywhere Universal Power Extender (Black) http://amzn.to/wyEXxg – This is a handy universal charger and power adapter. On a DroidX2, it will charge a phone from 10% all the way up to a little over 80%. When not charging you can attach to a AC outlet and connect two smart phones using a microUSB cable. It is a bit larger than several packs of gum.
- Otterbox Defender Case http://amzn.to/A5IORd and screen – This combination really keeps my Droid X2 dry and clean. Because the Otterbox is a complete enclosure onto the Droid, the I can clean the front screen repeatedly. I then place the rubberized Otterbox over the screen and now I have a truly protective case.
- Sony MDREX36V/BLK EX Earbud Headphone (Black) http://amzn.to/wrgdJR – These head phones are light weight and inobtrusive. For the common carrier traveler, headphones shut out the outside world and retain the fidelity of the MP3 or video file you are using They are not noise cancelling but help pass the seemingly endless hours of waiting at airports or on a plane.
- Bluetooth hands free head sets – There are so many different manufacturers that any are invaluable for the traveler. In many states, it is mandated that drivers have to use a hands-free head set for their smart phones. It is also useful to listen to your phone messages with a hands free head set because it also frees your hand for note taking.
In summary, having a checklist for each trip will ease the anxiety of being in contact with your office or home as well as email. All of these five accessories are “must-have” items. If you have your own list, feel free to post your comment on this blog.
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Amazon or any of the manufacturers or distributors of any product mentioned in this blog post.